At Elon, there are a lot of opportunities to get involved with law-related activities, including the Prelaw fraternity and the Mock Trial Team. I was able to evaluate my interests and really learn what law school is like. Being associated with and now president of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, I have been able to gain a firm grasp on law school and if it is right for me to pursue at this point in my life.
The Prelaw Society is a student-run organization that engages in activities that provide:
- a vivid understanding of what it is like to be a lawyer
- a clarity and focus about whether you really want to be a lawyer
- a clear idea of what a legal education is like and what it costs
- a clear idea about how to apply to law school
- experience and confidence with respect to the LSAT exam
These aims are actualized in a number of ways. For example, we have:
- invited guest speakers to address our group
- visited local law schools
- taken practice LSAT exams
- engaged in mock trial exercises
- placed students in internships
- arranged for students to shadow a lawyer for a day
- discussed films and books
- engaged in detailed discussions of contemporary legal issues
The law school admissions process is complex and the competition is great, and the decision to become an attorney is not one to be taken lightly. Phi Alpha Delta helps its members to understand the application process and the legal world more fully. Seniors who have been admitted into law school have an opportunity to share what they have learned with the younger members of the Prelaw Society, and our guest speakers and discussion provide a realistic perspective on legal work.
Genna Kasian, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph O’Sullivan, Vice-President email@example.com
Morgan Valeo, Secretary/Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Elisha Savchak-Trogdon, Faculty Advisor email@example.com
If you would like to be included on the list that receives announcements about the activities of the Prelaw Society, send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.