The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is the mark of excellence in the investment community. The credential demonstrates mastery of the investment analysis and decision-making skills most needed for a competitive career in the global investment management profession.
The Department of Finance will sponsor up to 15 Love School of Business students for CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) student scholarships.
These CFA student scholarships are only available to:
- new CFA Level I candidates enrolling and registering for the first time, and
- LSB students in their final undergraduate year or graduate students.
These scholarships allow you to enroll for the CFA Level I exam at a significantly reduced cost. Since the CFA program enrollment fee is waived and the exam registration fee is discounted, you’ll pay only the $400 cost of curriculum (cost for print material is extra) plus any applicable taxes. This compares to regular CFA fees that can run more than $1,500 for new candidates appearing for the CFA Level I exam. As per current CFA Institute guidelines, these scholarships are valid for 1 year and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Priority will be given to applications in the fall semester received by November 30. Depending on availability other applications will be reviewed in the spring semester on an ongoing basis.
To apply, submit the following to Dr. Neeraj Gupta, CFA:
- A short (1-2 single-spaced page) statement of interest highlighting reasons for pursuing a CFA charter
- An unofficial copy of their Elon University transcript
- An updated resume (including majors and minors)