The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is the mark of excellence in the investment community. The credential demonstrates mastery of the investment analysis and decision-making skills most needed for a competitive career in the global investment management profession.
The Department of Finance will sponsor up to 14 LSB students for CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) student scholarships.
These CFA student scholarships are only available to:
- new CFA Level I candidates enrolling and registering for the first time, and
- LSB students in their final undergraduate year or graduate students.
Students awarded these scholarships enroll for the CFA Level I exam at a significantly reduced cost. Since the CFA program enrollment fee is waived and the exam registration fee is discounted, student scholars pay only the $350 cost of curriculum (cost for print material is extra) plus any applicable taxes. This compares to regular CFA fees that can run more than $1,500 for new candidates appearing for the CFA Level I exam. As per current CFA Institute guidelines, these scholarships are valid for 1 year, and fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Students interested in participating should submit the following to Dr. Neeraj Gupta, CFA:
- A short (1-2 single-spaced page) statement of interest highlighting reasons for pursuing a CFA charter
- An unofficial copy of their Elon University transcript
- An updated resume (including majors and minors)