Focus on the management of people, projects and analytical processes. Choose one of three career tracks and develop specialized knowledge, skills and experiences, which qualify you for positions in business analytics, human resource management or project management. Learn to deploy advanced information technologies and data mining to meet organizational goals. Develop skills in staffing and managing human resources. Learn ways to effectively motivate and manage project teams.
Building on Elon’s traditional strengths of active and engaged learning, the Management major leverages the foundation material of the business core to provide a specialized management body of knowledge for graduates who intend to pursue managerial and leadership positions in for-profit and not-for-profit enterprises.
The mission of the Management major includes developing future leaders who are capable of:
- Understanding and managing diverse people in domestic and global environments marked by constant change.
- Applying analytical tools and processes learned in the classroom to organizational problems.
- Managing projects, leading high performing teams and sustaining collaborative environments.
- Effectively communicating plans and strategies to stakeholder groups.
- Developing as future leaders of character who endeavor to make responsible decisions in your organizations and in their daily lives.
Management majors are required to complete at least one internship for academic credit. Examples of internships students have completed include human resources recruitment for Sports Endeavors, business management for Aflac, collateral administration for Volvo Financial Services and event production at Wits’ End Productions.
Management graduates are prepared for a number of different positions in project management, data analytics and information technologies, human resources, customer services and various roles in international business. Elon Management alumni work for employers such as The Advisory Board Company, Amica Mutual Insurance, BlackRock, Boston Consulting Group, Capital Financial Solutions, CenturyLink, Corporate Executive Board, LeverSource, Prudential Financial, and Trade Street Consulting.