The mission of the Management major includes developing future leaders who are capable of:
- Understanding and managing diverse people in domestic and global environments marked by constant change.
- Applying analytical tools and processes learned in the classroom to organizational problems.
- Managing projects, leading high performing teams and sustaining collaborative environments.
- Effectively communicating plans and strategies to stakeholder groups.
- Developing as future leaders of character who endeavor to make responsible decisions in your organizations and in their daily lives.
Choose one of three career tracks and develop specialized knowledge, skills and experiences, which qualify you for positions in business analytics, human resource management or project management.
Management Career Tracks
The Business Analytics track within the management major has been designed to prepare students for professional careers working with data, with an emphasis on the extraction of business meaning from data. The program is not targeted to any one industry; rather, it provides a flexible, practical skillset that can be applied widely.
Human Resource Management
In order to achieve sustainable competitive advantage, organizations must attract, develop, and retain their human capital. With support from top management, Human Resources (HR) is responsible for this process.
Project management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements. Elon’s Project Management Career Track provides students with a strong foundation in a professionally recognized project management body of knowledge, opportunities for skill development as project managers, and experience with the tools and techniques essential to effective project work.