Submissions to the Common Reading Committee are welcome from anyone in the Elon University community. Feel free to contact the committee chair. The Common Reading selection process begins two years before a book is used, and a choice is made in the fall prior to the year it will be used. This allows time for programming to be developed for each academic year.
- Late fall-early Spring – Faculty, staff, and students invited to submit suggestions via survey for the next Common Reading
- March-May – Committee examines suggested books
- May – Short-list developed for final review
- Summer-early Fall – Short-listed books read and discussed by committee members via email
- Fall – Common Reading meets to discuss short-listed books
- Spring – Committee announces new Common Reading