The Elon M.Ed. Summer Cohort program will enroll in June 2018. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis throughout the year. Please submit all required application materials as early as possible prior to enrollment. The application deadline for the 2018 cohort is April 15.
The M.Ed. admissions policy is designed to select outstanding students who have demonstrated both academic competence and teaching ability. Each application is considered in light of all completed academic work, undergraduate grade point average, appropriate test scores from either the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT), letters of recommendation and a personal statement.
Completed applications should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions and must include:
- Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate work or GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 hours or for all the major courses
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and any graduate studies completed or taken, and sent to Elon’s Office of Graduate Admissions from the institution; transcripts may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
2750 Campus Box
Elon, NC 27244
- Two letters of recommendation
- A completed application with a $50 nonrefundable fee
- Minimum Miller Analogies Test (MAT) score of 380 or combined verbal and quantitative score of 286 on the GRE taken within the last five years. Have your official MAT or GRE scores sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Elon University’s GRE code is 5183 and MAT code is 1355
- Recognized teaching license or commitment to achieving licensure (Candidates must have met requirements for a North Carolina (or state candidate teaches in) initial or higher license before being recommended for graduate licensure)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required unless English is the student’s native language or the language of instruction. A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (Internet-based) is required. English translations of transcripts and explanations of grading systems are required.Exceptions to these requirements may be considered under special circumstances.
M.Ed. 2017 Summer Cohort Profile
- Cohort Size: 16
- Average Age: 30
- Male/Female Ratio: 1/15
- Diversity: 69%
- Average GPA: 3.19
- Average MAT: 384
- Average GRE: 302