Student Learning Outcomes for Elon’s M.Ed.
Theme One: Innovative/Progressive Pedagogies and Student Learning
- Study principles of innovative/progressive pedagogies with an emphasis on student learning, voice, equity, and agency.
- Evaluate and apply theory and research within the progressive pedagogies.
- Construct a learning environment that emphasizes the importance of social justice, diversity, and inclusion.
Theme Two: Foundations of Progressive Pedagogies
- Examine the history, theory, and research of progressive pedagogies
- Articulate a stance and advocate for innovative/progressive pedagogies that enable socially just teaching and meet the needs of all learning.
- Explain merits and challenges for progressive pedagogical approaches
Theme Three: Professional Practice
- Use assessment, evaluation, and research to solve authentic problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the following areas of professional practice:
a. Teacher Leadership
b. Respectful educational environments
c. Content and curriculum expertise
d. Student learning
- Design and facilitate a supportive learning environment grounded in progressive theories of teaching and learning