Fellowships for Teacher-Scholars from Diverse Backgrounds
Pre-Doctoral and Post-Doctoral fellowships are available for teacher-scholars who have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. except the dissertation or who have recently completed a PhD or MFA. Available for one year with the possibility of a second year renewal, fellowships are open to United States citizens or permanent residents from diverse backgrounds who are interested in working in a student and learning centered liberal arts environment. Elon University is committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
Applicants must have completed all doctoral work except the dissertation by the current academic year and must be able to provide evidence that they can complete their dissertation during the fellowship. We are accepting applicants in the following areas: Accounting, Analytics and Social Media, Anthropology, Communication Design (graphic, interactive and web design), Economics, Finance, Management and Entrepreneurship, Marketing and International Business, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health Studies, Sociology, Sport Management, and Teacher Education with an emphasis on gifted education.
- Fellows teach one course each in fall, winter, and spring semesters, work on your research, and participate in departmental and university life. A team of faculty mentors provides support for teaching and scholarship interests.
- Annual $40,000 stipend
- Office with computer
- Library privileges and free cultural and sporting events on campus
- Professional development support
On occasion, we offer Senior Post-Doctoral teaching fellowships for teacher-scholars from diverse backgrounds with an established research agenda and who are interested in gaining teaching experience in a liberal arts environment. These teaching fellowships are not limited to United States citizens or permanent residents. Senior Post-Doctoral teaching fellows teach more than three courses a year. Please inquire if you are interested.
Elon University is the premier student-centered learning environment, preparing graduates to be the ethical leaders the world needs. Elon students are ambitious, curious and compassionate, inspired to be big thinkers and creative problem-solvers. The rigorous curriculum is grounded in the arts and sciences and complemented by nationally accredited professional and graduate programs. Elon’s historic 656-acre campus in central North Carolina is designated as a botanical garden and includes the 56-acre Elon University Forest, a land preserve and natural area for scientific research; and Loy Farm, a center for environmental research and sustainability that includes a solar farm. More information about Elon University can be found here.
Between September 15, 2018 and November 3, 2018, please submit the following materials under the subject line “Pre and post doc fellowship 2019” or “Senior Post-Doctoral teaching fellow 2019” to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An electronic cover letter indicating interest, how your diverse background furthers our goal of building a culturally diverse educational environment, current status of terminal degree, courses you would be able to teach at Elon and research interests
- An electronic copy of your CV
- Electronic evidence of teaching effectiveness, if available
- Names of three references, but please do not sent reference letters
Start date for Fall 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.