Workshops and Training
- Departments and divisions can participate in Inclusive Lens Workshops to develop and integrate skills and practices related to equity and inclusive excellence. These workshops are tailored specifically for the needs of departments and divisions.
- Inclusive Community Conversations are interactive workshops for faculty and staff that generate personal and collective reflection and engagement around the complexities of identity and inclusion. These workshops are scaled as Tier I and Tier II to foster continued growth.
- The Intercultural Consciousness Certificate is a year-long program enabling faculty and staff to pursue intercultural consciousness in their current work within a cohort setting, culminating in a project directly related to their function on campus.
- The Center for Race, Ethnicity, and Diversity Education (CREDE) hosts a variety of resources for faculty and staff throughout the year.
- The Gender and LGBTQIA Center offers LGBTQIA Ally Trainings for faculty and staff focused on the inclusion and uplifting of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, queer, intersex and asexual identities.
Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning supports inclusive teaching and classrooms through consultations, workshops and reading groups for individuals, departments and the campus community. The center also maintains an inclusive teaching website with ideas, resources and a bibliography for further reading, and offers a Diversity & Inclusion Grant Program, a one-year program to support the development and implementation of strategies designed to deepen student learning about aspects of human diversity.
Elon is committed to creating a positive, welcoming environment where every member of the community can thrive. The “Our Culture & Diversity” section of the Human Resources website outlines campus resources that support this culture, including discrimination and harassment prevention training, Title IX resources, bias and discrimination policies, inclusive community development workshops and more.
Office of Leadership and Professional Development
The Office of Leadership and Professional Development offers a variety of programming each month for faculty and staff, some of which addresses issues of diversity, inclusion and global engagement. Equity and inclusion are central themes for many of Elon’s Employee Resource Groups, including:
- Advocates for the Differently-Abled
- Black Employee Resource Group
- Hispanic/Latino Employee Resource Group
- LGBTQIA Employee Resource Group
- Women’s Forum at Elon