Format, Dates & Signups:
- 2-hour trainings including the latest identity terminology, LGBTQIA history, homophobia, heterosexism, ally tips, real-life scenarios, and current events.
- To request an LGBTQIA Ally Training please fill out this form. All requests must be submitted 10 days ahead of the requested time.
- Education on LGBTQIA-related topics and issues
- Ally Stickers
- Certificate of completion
What if I can’t Attend?
The Gender & LGBTQIA Center also creates separate tailor-made LGBTQIA Ally Trainings for…
- Faculty Departments & Staff Offices
- Guest Lectures in Academic Courses
- High-Impact Student Leader Groups (i.e. Athletes, Greek LIfe, Orientation Leaders, Resident Assistants, Tour Guides, etc.)
- Student Organizations
Student Organizations Commonly Request these Topics:
- Ally Techniques & Combating Bias
- Gender Equity
- Gender & LGBTQIA Topics within a specific Academic Discipline
- Historical Moments & Influential People across LGBTQIA Movements
- Homophobia & Heterosexism
- Intersectionality of Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity with race, class, age, disability, faith, etc.
- Language Terms around Gender & LGBTQIA topics
- LGBTQIA Student Leadership
- Research on LGBTQIA Identity Development
- Trans-specific Topics, Trans Etiquette, & Trans Allyship