Graduate-Focused Inclusive Excellence
Dr. Jo Watts Williams School of Education
The School of Education endeavors to prepare equity-minded educators who will lead from a social justice paradigmatic lens. That extends to the Master of Education and M.A. in Higher Education graduate programs, which lay the foundation for educators to construct a learning environment that emphasizes the importance of social justice, diversity and inclusion.
Learn more about inclusive excellence at the School of Education
Elon University School of Law
- Groups such as the Black Law Students Association, Hispanic and Latinx Law Students Association, Jewish Law Students Association, OutLaw and Women’s Law Association provide outlets for students to share their values and experiences.
- The Community Inclusion Committee plans and implements law school activities and workshops with the goal of creating a climate at the law school that is welcoming to and inclusive of all, both in and outside of the classroom.
- The Alliance of Legal Pioneers & Supporters provides support for first-generation law students and allies.
- The Anti-Racism Workgroup works diligently to address dynamics of bias, oppression and privilege at Elon Law.
Learn more about inclusive excellence at the School of Law
Martha and Spencer Love School of Business
One of the four pillars of the school’s strategic plan is to “support our mission by cultivating a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community of students, faculty and staff that promotes representation, values differences and reflects our multicultural business environment.” The school has implemented an action plan to improve diversity, equity and inclusion in the LSB, including for graduate students in the MBA, M.S. in Accounting and M.S. in Business Analytics programs.
Learn more about inclusive excellence at the School of Business
School of Communications
The School of Communications website includes a diversity, equity and inclusion hub that outlines the school’s diversity assessment report, diversity committee and topical programming such as the Unity in Communications initiative. The Diversity Assessment and Diversity and Inclusion Report includes information on progress in the M.A. in Interactive Media program.
Learn more about inclusive excellence at the School of Communications
School of Health Sciences
- The Student Diversity Committee actively fosters open engagement within the school’s program regarding diversity and inclusion. The committee promotes inclusive connections among students, faculty and staff within all learning, service and social spaces.
- The Global Learning Opportunities program aims to develop global clinicians and informed leaders who will work to reduce health care disparities through clinical and service-learning experiences around the world.
- Run by Elon’s Doctor of Physical Therapy students, the Health Outreach Program of Elon (H.O.P.E. Clinic) offers physical therapy services free of charge to those who are uninsured or under-insured in Alamance County and surrounding areas.
- Since 2013, PA students have volunteered at the Open Door Clinic of Alamance County, a free medical clinic that serves uninsured county residents age 18 and over that fall at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
Learn more about inclusive excellence at the School of Health Sciences
Student Care & Outreach
Student Care & Outreach within the Office of the Dean of Students offers a comprehensive list of resources for graduate students, including:
- Accessibility and accommodations, such as disability resources and a map of universal bathrooms
- Diversity and inclusion support, such as identity and global engagement offices, bias reporting and resources for undocumented students
- Financial support, such as food and housing insecurity resources, scholarships and other financial aid
LEARN MORE ABOUT STUDENT CARE & OUTREACH RESOURCES