¡Bienvenidos al Centro de Español!
As President Leo Lambert states: “At Elon, we believe living and working in the 21st century demand global competencies, including an ability to appreciate and navigate a vast array of languages, cultures and points of view”.
El Centro de Español at Elon University is committed to providing excellent instruction and learning opportunities that challenge faculty, staff and students, to develop their language proficiency in Spanish as well as to know and understand the cultures of the Spanish-speaking peoples of the world. To fulfill this mission, El Centro acts upon these commitments:
- We offer high quality and effective, non-credit bearing Spanish language instruction through dynamic teaching methods that are centered around faculty, staff and students, and their individual language goals and needs, providing an intimate class size and a laid back and meaningful atmosphere.
- We provide our participants with immersion-like experiences and settings so that they are exposed to authentic Hispanic/Latino cultural experiences.
- We support the local community by coordinating volunteer work in projects that have a positive impact related to Spanish language learning and understanding of Hispanic culture.
- We serve as one of the support systems for international and domestic Hispanic/Latino students, faculty and staff.
Let us know if you have any questions and thanks for checking out our site!
¡Esperamos que vengas pronto!
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Extended hours: 5–9 p.m. Monday through Thursday for Hispanic/Latinx students