Students are highly encouraged to submit a photo for their Phoenix Card prior to arriving on campus. Submitting a photo ahead of time gives you the flexibility to choose your own photo while also ensuring you avoid lines and save valuable time when arriving on campus. Plus, it’s as easy as taking a selfie against a white background!
Please review the instructions and photo guidelines listed below before uploading your photo.
Are You Looking Straight at the Camera?
Smile Bright, this is your time to Shine!
- Please use a current portrait-oriented photo that shows your full head
- Your face must be clearly visible and facing forward
Is Your Background White or Off-White?
That cool landscape will get more likes on Instagram
- You don’t need to get a professional photo done. Any white background will work – Get Creative!
- A wall in your house, the back of a door, a sheet on a clothesline
Is Your Selfie in Color?
We just want you to stand out!
- Black and White is a little outdated…
- Please do not filter your photo in any way
Are You Free from Red Eyes, Reflections, and Shadows?
They’re really not a good look for anyone
Did You Take Off Your Hat and Sunglasses?
North Carolina has beautiful weather, but we need to see you clearly
- Head coverings due to religious beliefs are acceptable. However, they must show a full front view of the face and not cast a shadow on the face
- Adequate documentation for the person wearing a traditional face mask or veil is required
- Prescription glasses may be worn, but there should be no reflections that obscure the eyes.
- A medical certificate may be required
- Please no accessories, headphones, or garments that obstruct the view of your face
- We need a photo of what you would look like on any given day. Please no graduation caps, gowns, uniforms, or costumes. And please wear a shirt!
Is it a Photo of Just Yourself?
Fido’s pretty cute, but this isn’t his ID card
- Please no extras
Examples of Acceptable and Unacceptable Photos:
Phoenix Card Photo Submission Instructions:
- Sign into your Phoenix Card Account with your email username and password
- Click ‘Profile’ at the top of the screen
- Click ‘ Transaction System Registration’
- Your 7-digit ID Number will be listed. Click ‘Register’
Note** If you receive a red error box after clicking ‘Register’, refer to your Acorn account to find your 16-digit Phoenix Card Number. Enter this number in place of your 7-digit ID and click register.
- Click ‘Profile’ at the top of the screen again
- Click ‘Submit New Photo’
- Follow the directions to submit your photo
If you have questions you can email email@example.com or call 336-278-5436
Please Note: By submitting a photo for your Phoenix Card you certify that the photo is properly formatted to meet University requirements, is a true image of yourself, and may be used by the University for official purposes. If your photo does not meet University standards, it will be rejected and you will be asked to submit another photo. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions you can contact the Phoenix Card Office at (336) 278-5436.