As a member of the Elon University community, I have a personal responsibility to protect my own health and the health and well-being of others. This responsibility is based on the core values of the Elon University Honor Code — honesty, integrity, responsibility and respect.
By participating in academics and campus life during the 2021-22 academic year, I affirm that I will do my part to demonstrate specific behaviors that minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection within our community.
I Commit To:
Protect the Elon Community
- Wear a mask in public indoor spaces as outlined in university policies
- Treat anyone wearing a mask with respect and support
- Participate in mandatory COVID-19 testing if I am unvaccinated
- Report positive results of any off-campus COVID-19 testing to the Office of the Dean of Students (students) or Human Resources (employees) as soon as I receive them
- Wear a mask and distance from others if I have cold or flu-like symptoms and seek medical advice immediately
- Comply with quarantine and isolation requirements
- Respond promptly and truthfully to contact tracers and health authorities
- Follow healthy hygiene practices
- Monitor my health daily and watch for cold or flu-like symptoms
- Seek medical advice if I don’t feel well
- Wear a mask whenever I feel extra protection is needed
- Follow healthy practices related to wellness and personal well-being
- Read all campus announcements and follow guidance from university and health authorities
I understand that behaviors inconsistent with these commitments may not only spread the virus in the community but may result in disciplinary actions as outlined in university policies and handbooks, including but not limited to fines, Phoenix Card deactivation, removal from Elon programs or removal from the Elon community.