The mission of Elon University Health Services to provide quality evaluation and treatment of acute illness and injury to Elon University students; to promote, support, and integrate individual healthcare according to the learning and development needs of students; and to meet public health responsibilities to the Elon University community. This mission is achieved in accordance with the mission of the University, state, and national regulations and professional standards.
Elon University Student Health Services, provided in partnership with Cone Health-Alamance Regional, is your medical home at Elon University. All currently enrolled students at Elon University are eligible for all the services detailed below.
- Evaluation and treatment of acute illness, injury, and infection (including STIs and gyn issues)
- Co-management of chronic illness when medically appropriate
- Referrals to specialists as needed
- Physicals for travel, work, and general health
- Specimen collection for LabCorp testing
- Point of care labs – rapid strep and flu tests, glucose finger sticks, urinalysis, urine pregnancy tests
- Gynecologic services – pap smears, contraception, counseling
- Allergy immunotherapy and other injection services (NC Seasonal Allergy Information)
- Stock and administration of vaccines – Tdap, Hepatitis B, Td
- Splints, slings, crutches for minor injuries
- Removal of IUDs
- Health education and counseling
- Limited on-site prescription dispensing of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, antihistamines, acid reducers, analgesics
- Prescription delivery service (to Health Services) from local pharmacies
Services Not Provided
- File claims with any insurance companies
- Have overnight or off-site care available
- Fill prescriptions from outside providers
- Provide on-site radiology or imaging
- Offer physical therapy
- Administer flu vaccines
- Insert IUDs
- Manage psychiatric conditions or prescribe psychiatric medications including those for ADD/ADHD
Cost & Fee Information
- Student office visits are free of charge except physicals, well-woman exams, and allergy shots.
- There are charges for medications, supplies, lab tests, injections, and procedures, due at time of visit. All payments are out-of-pocket.
- Student Health Services does not file incurred charges with health insurance companies. A receipt is available at time of payment for submission to your insurance provider for reimbursement (if applicable).
- A list of our most frequent tests and their cost can be found at Elon SHS frequent charges.
- Fees may be paid by cash, check, credit card, Phoenix cash, or conveniently billed to your student account.
- Any charges incurred from referrals to an outside provider are the responsibility of the student. Most outside practices require students to provide verification of insurance prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Missed appointments (including allergy shot appointments) without prior cancellation will result in a $50.00 fee posted to the student account.
- Faculty/ staff visits are $10 for each visit.