Students: What to Do If You Have Symptoms of COVID-19?
If you feel ill or experience symptoms of COVID-19:
- Avoid all contact with others until you have been assessed. Stay at home and in your room. Do not go to class, work, dining halls, events, etc.
- Call Student Health Services at 336-278-7230 during business hours and follow their instructions. If your symptoms are not a medical emergency, you may wait until the next business day to call. If your symptoms indicate a medical emergency, call 9-1-1.
- You will reach someone in Health Services to screen for COVID-19 by phone:
Monday-Thursday 8:30 am until 5:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am until 3:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am until 12:30 pm
- If Health Services is closed and you feel like you would consult/visit one of the evening and weekend providers listed on the Health Services website: https://www.elon.edu/u/health-wellness/health-services/after-hours-and-summer-care/
- If you are referred for testing or need administrative support, call the Student Care and Outreach Staff at (336) 278-7200 during business hours or the Student Life Administrator on Call after hours and weekends. The Administrator on Call can be accessed by calling Campus Safety Dispatch at (336) 278-5555. Note: They cannot offer medical advice; you must consult a medical provider.
Covid-19 Off-Campus Clinical Resources:
*STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT IN THE ELON OR BURLINGTON AREA, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER AT HOME*
**Elon Student Health Services will NOT be testing in the clinic**
If you are NOT experiencing symptoms and would like to be tested please see the list below for resources. Please note that asymptomatic testing may not be covered by your insurance. Please provide your local address to these facilities and advise them that you are an Elon University student.
Cone Health Drive-Up Testing Locations (Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Alamance County: Medical Mall at Alamance Regional, 1238 Huffman Mill Road, Burlington, NC
- Guilford County: Green Valley Campus, 801 Green Valley Road, Greensboro, NC (entrance off Lendew Street)
FastMed Urgent Care – 336-506-1720 (WILL DO WEEKEND TESTING)
104 Huffman Mill Rd, Burlington, NC 27215
Kernodle Clinic – 336-538-1234 (WILL DO WEEKEND TESTING)
1234 Huffman Mill Rd, Burlington, NC 27215
Nextcare Urgent Care – 336-222-8888 (DOES NOT DO WEEKEND TESTING)
1713 South Church Street, Burlington, NC 27215
Alamance County Health Department – 336-570-6459 (DOES NOT DO WEEKEND TESTING)
319 N. Graham-Hopedale Rd. Burlington, NC 27217
If you are ill and are advised to isolate or are referred for testing, please notify us immediately so that we can support you and help you access available resources. You can call the Student Care and Outreach Staff in The Office of the Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200 during business hours (Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm) or the Student Life Emergency Response Staff via Campus Safety and Police at (336) 278-5555 after business hours and on weekends.
Students may also contact the Student Care and Outreach staff in the Office of the Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200 during business hours and they can direct you to area COVID-19 resources.
Additional COVID-19 related questions and concerns may be directed to the NC Health Department Covid-19 patient number – 866-462-3821
The mission of Elon University Health Services to provide quality evaluation and treatment of acute illness and injury to Elon University students; to promote, support, and integrate individual healthcare according to the learning and development needs of students; and to meet public health responsibilities to the Elon University community. This mission is achieved in accordance with the mission of the University, state, and national regulations and professional standards.
Elon University Student Health Services, provided in partnership with Cone Health-Alamance Regional, is your medical home at Elon University. All currently enrolled students at Elon University are eligible for services. See our Services & Fees page for a detailed list of services offered.
Hours of Operation
Operational hours while classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday (starting 1/27/18)9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. *new hours
We offer pre-scheduled appointments only.
Please see E-Net or the announcements section on this page for operational hours when classes are not in session.
Note: Parking is available in the south campus lot next to the R.N. Ellington Center. Students can arrange for shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus by calling (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (transportation may not be available at all times), Monday through Friday. Please schedule your appointment (336-278-7230) with Health Services before calling for transportation.