Student Health Services offers symptomatic testing for all students by appointment only. Students can schedule an appointment at Student Health Services or call 336-278-7230. Students who develop symptoms should isolate until they can be tested and are urged to schedule an appointment as early as possible after their symptoms develop.
- Student Health Services appointments may fill quickly, so it may be the next day before an appointment is available. Students who are experiencing severe symptoms should seek medical attention immediately by calling 9-1-1.
- Students who are experiencing symptoms and wish to consult with a medical professional may do so at any time (24/7) by using our TimelyCare virtual medicine service. Information about accessing TimelyCare may be found at: https://www.elon.edu/u/health-wellness/health-services/ or double-clicking the highlighted link above.
- Staff and Faculty who are experiencing symptoms or close contacts who may need a COVID-19 test can contact Faculty/Staff Wellness at (336) 278-5569 to schedule an appointment for testing.
- Students, faculty, staff or visitors who may need to access an off campus testing site can go to the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) Find My Testing Site tool (Note: enter the university zip code – 27244)
- At-home COVID-19 Testing Kits: NCDHHS is partnering with LabCorp to provide no-cost, at-home COVID-19 testing kits to North Carolina residents. If you are over the age of 2, experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or believe that you may have been exposed, you may order a testing kit directly from this page: http://www.pixel.labcorp.com/nc
- Many local pharmacies have stock of at home tests. Insurance may pay for these tests. Positive at home test results (students) should be forwarded to email@example.com
- Asymptomatic students, staff and faculty are welcome to attend testing in the Oaks (no appointment needed).