*Medical emergencies should call 9-1-1*
PhoenixHealth Patient Portal
Using the PhoenixHealth patient portal, patients can schedule and cancel appointments, print immunization records, and secure message with providers.
To access your patient portal:
- Visit the PhoenixHealth website.
- Select Elon University from the drop down menu and click “Remember my selection permanently” before clicking “Next.”
- Log in with your Elon username and password.
Please do not leave a voice mail message requesting a specific appointment time.
Operational hours while classes are in session:
Monday-Thursday8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday (starting 1/27/18)9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. *new hours
Weekday Appointments (Monday-Friday)
- Patients can schedule on-line through PhoenixHealth or call ahead to schedule your appointment. Staff members are available at 8:30 am to begin scheduling appointments.
- Same day appointments are available on-line through PhoenixHealth starting at 6:00 am everyday. Next day appointments for tomorrow are available until full starting at 8:30 every day.
- Patients should arrive at Health Services shortly prior to their appointment time.
- Patients arriving late to their appointment will need to reschedule and may be charged a missed appointment fee. Patients who miss their appointments without calling to cancel prior to their appointment time will be charged a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- If there are no same day appointments available, patients will be deferred to the next day. Health Services will do their best to work-in patients with acute illnesses and injuries, but patients should understand work-in wait times may be unpredictable.
- Patients with more urgent medical situations who cannot wait until the next available appointment time may want to consider visiting one of the local urgent care clinics or the hospital emergency department. Refer to the After Hours and Summer Care page for available options.
Weekend Appointments (Saturday-Sunday)
- Weekend appointments are limited.
- Weekend appointments are same-day appointments for acute and urgent care.
- Staff members are available at 8:50 am to begin scheduling appointments.
- Students walking in with no appointment will be assigned to the next available appointment time. If no same-day appointment times are available, the appointment will be deferred to the next business day.
- Patients arriving late to their appointment may need to reschedule and will be charged a missed appointment fee. Patients missing their appointments will be charged a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- More information is available on our Weekend Appointments page.
Transportation to/from Appointments at Student Health
Health Services and Counseling Services, located in the R.N. Ellington Center, are a short walk from most areas on campus (within 15 minutes). For students who are ill (but ambulatory) or have a scheduled appointment, there are parking and shuttle transportation options. The Ellington Center Transport shuttle is a small 4-passenger electric car.
Parking: Students who have cars or access to cars may park in the South Campus lot adjacent to the Ellington Center. No permit is needed in the large South Campus (Ellington Center) Lot at the end of O’Kelly Drive.
Elon University Ellington Center Shuttle: Students who have an appointment at Health Services or Counseling Services can arrange for shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus owned or operated property to the Ellington Center by calling The Office of The Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 am until 3:00 pm on Friday. Faculty and staff may also utilize the service for appointments at Faculty/Staff Wellness in the Ellington Center.
· Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency OR who cannot walk without assistance should call 9-1-1.
· Students, faculty and staff should call at least one hour prior to their scheduled appointment time to make arrangements for transport. Return shuttles will be provided as available. There may be a wait time for pick-ups and returns depending on demand.
· Students must schedule their appointment with Health Services or Counseling Services before calling for transportation.
· The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk without assistance.
· To better prevent the spread of illness, riders who exhibit signs of illness may be asked to use preventive measures before boarding the shuttle (hand-sanitizer, mask, etc.)
Every effort is made to run the shuttle on schedule. The Ellington Center Shuttle may not be available at all times including severe weather, university breaks, or when drivers are not available.