2021-2022 Academic School Year:
*Medical emergencies should call 9-1-1*
Hours of operation when classes are in session
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
How to make an appointment
Using the PhoenixHealth patient portal, patients can schedule and cancel appointments, print immunization records, and secure message with providers.
To access your patient portal:
1. Visit the PhoenixHealth website.
2. Select Elon University from the drop-down menu and click “Remember my selection permanently” before clicking “Next.”
3. Log in with your Elon username and password.
Call Health Services at (336) 278-7230 during operational hours or schedule on-line through PhoenixHealth patient portal.
Please do not leave a voice mail message requesting a specific appointment time.
Weekday Appointments (Monday-Friday)
- Patients can schedule on-line through PhoenixHealth or call ahead to schedule your appointment. Staff members are available at 8:30 am to begin scheduling appointments.
- Same-day appointments are available on-line through PhoenixHealth starting at 6:00 a.m. every day. Next-day appointments are available starting at 8:30 a.m. every day.
- Patients should arrive at Health Services shortly prior to their appointment time.
- Patients arriving late to their appointment will need to reschedule and may be charged a missed appointment fee. Patients who miss their appointments without calling to cancel prior to their appointment time will be charged a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- If there are no same-day appointments available, patients will be deferred to the next day.
- Patients with more urgent medical situations who cannot wait until the next available appointment time may want to consider visiting one of the local urgent care clinics or the hospital emergency department. Refer to the After Hours and Summer Care page for available options.
Weekend Appointments (Saturday-Sunday)
- Weekend appointments are limited.
- Weekend appointments are same-day appointments for acute and urgent care.
- Staff members are available at 8:50 am to begin scheduling appointments by phone 336-278-7230.
- Students walking in with no appointment will be assigned to the next available appointment time. If no same-day appointment times are available, the appointment will be deferred to the next business day.
- Patients arriving late to their appointment may need to reschedule and will be charged a missed appointment fee. Patients missing their appointments will be charged a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- More information is available on our Weekend Appointments page.
New On-Demand Telehealth Appointments Available Now
Elon has partnered with TimelyCare- to offer a new telehealth program for students that provides access to free, 24/7/365 medical and mental virtual health care from anywhere in the United States.
TimelyCare will give students increased access to a provider for their medical and mental health needs, including those more acute needs. Students will also have access to these services when they are away from campus. Students will access the free services by using their Elon e-mail and the access code L2LRNI.
Whether students are feeling under the weather, anxious or overwhelmed, students will be able to talk to a licensed provider from their smartphone or any web-enabled device. Providers are available to offer medical and mental health support via phone or secure video visits.
Below is an FAQ:
How can students access TimelyCare?
A. Students can go to timelycare.com to register with their .edu email address. Use access code L2LRNI to sign in. Students can then have visits from any web-enabled device –smartphone, laptop, or desktop. TimelyCare is available from anywhere in the United States.
Q. What services are available?
A. The following services are available, all at no cost:
Medical: 24/7, on-demand or scheduled access to a medical provider that can treat a wide range of common illnesses like cold and flu, sinus infection, allergies and more
TalkNow: 24/7, on-demand access to a mental health professional to talk about anything at anytime
Q. How much does a visit cost?
A. Zip, zero, zilch! TimelyCare services are free to all Elon University students. We hope students will get started with TimelyCare today!
Q. Is there technical support?
Yes! There is 24/7 phone, e-mail and chat support support available here.
Transportation to/from Appointments at Student Health
Health Services and Counseling Services, located in the R.N. Ellington Center on South O’Kelly Avenue (south of the railroad tracks), are a short walk from most areas on campus (within 15 minutes). For students who are ill, but can walk unaided, or have a scheduled appointment, there are parking and shuttle transportation options.
Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency OR who cannot walk without assistance should call 9-1-1. The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk without assistance.
Arriving by personal vehicles: Students traveling by car may park in the South Campus lot adjacent to the Ellington Center on S. O’Kelly Avenue. No permit is needed.
Elon University Ellington Center Shuttle: The Ellington Center Transport shuttle is a small 4-passenger electric car. Transportation to the Ellington Center is not available on weekends. Students who have an appointment at Health Services or Counseling Services can arrange for shuttle transportation from anywhere on campus-owned or operated property to the Ellington Center by calling the Office of The Dean of Students at (336) 278-7200, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday and 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Friday. Faculty and staff may also utilize the service for appointments at Faculty/Staff Wellness in the Ellington Center.
· Students must schedule their appointment with Health Services or Counseling Services before calling for transportation. Please call at least one hour prior to a scheduled appointment time to make arrangements for transport. Return shuttles will be provided as available. There may be a wait time for pick-ups and returns depending on demand.
· To better prevent the spread of illness, riders who exhibit signs of illness may be asked to use preventive measures before boarding the shuttle (hand-sanitizer, mask, etc.)
· Every effort is made to run the shuttle on schedule. The Ellington Center Shuttle may not be available at all times including severe weather, university breaks or when drivers are not available.