Appointments for Summer 2023
Students experiencing emergency medical situations requiring immediate attention should call 911.
Students who are ill and schedule an appointment will be seen and evaluated by a medical provider. Medical staff cannot administer a COVID-19 test to well (asymptomatic) students or those who do not wish to see a medical provider. If a student is not ill (asymptomatic) and does not wish to see a provider, they can receive a free COVID-19 test on campus; more information is available here under “Testing Resources“.
Hours of operation Summer 2023
Wednesday-1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Thursday-9:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Friday-9:00 a.m.- 12 p.m.
We are closed for lunch from 12:00 p.m.- 1:30 p.m.
During times of high demand for Student Health Services appointments or at times when Student Health Services is closed, TimelyCare offers evaluation and treatment of medical concerns, including flu and other viruses. Medication prescriptions can be sent to a local pharmacy for pick-up or on-campus delivery. Do not delay in seeking care or consultation if you develop symptoms. TimelyCare is free to all students and is available 24/7 from anywhere in the United States. Students can register and set up their personal account with TimelyCare at any time.
Students have access to 24/7/365 free on-demand telehealth services through partnership with TimelyCare from anywhere in the United States.
How to make an appointment
Students are seen at Student Health Services by appointment only (no walk-ins). This allows staff to better serve students and reduce wait times. Students walking in with no appointment will be assigned to the next available appointment time. If no same-day appointment times are available, the appointment will be deferred to the next business day.
Students can schedule appointments conveniently for Summer 2023, by calling Student Health Services at (336) 278-7230 during operational hours.
Students should bring their Phoenix card with them to all appointments.
Call-in Scheduling: Students can schedule an appointment by calling Health Services at (336) 278-7230 during operational hours.
- If phone lines are busy, students should leave a message with their full name and a valid contact number, and someone will call them the same day to schedule for next available appointment.
- If it is afterhours, a member of the staff will return their call to schedule when Health Services is open.
- Please do not leave a voice mail message requesting a specific appointment time.
- Calls that do not have clear name and contact information will not be returned.
- There may be times when demand for appointments exceeds availability and students must be referred to a next day or later appointment. Patients with more urgent medical situations who cannot wait until the next available appointment time may want to consider accessing our 24/7/365 free telehealth service Timely Care, visiting one of the local urgent care clinics or going to the hospital emergency department. Students are reminded that free telehealth appointments are available 24 hours per day, 365 days a year through Timely Care. Other in-person and virtual medical care options are available on the After Hours and Summer Care page. Please note that in times of high demand accessing in-person care at urgent cares or the hospital emergency department may be a challenge and may result in wait times of several hours.
- Patients should arrive at Health Services shortly prior to their appointment time. Masks are required in Student Health Services if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Patients arriving late to their appointment (more than five minutes) will need to reschedule and may be charged a missed appointment fee ($50.00).
- Patients who miss their appointments without calling to cancel prior to their appointment time will be charged a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
- Information about accessing Ellington Center Transport may be found here.
- Questions or concerns about scheduling or appointment availability may be referred to the Student Health Services Practice Manager at (336) 278-7230 during weekday operational hours or via e-mail at email@example.com.
On-Demand Telehealth Appointments Available Now
Elon has partnered with TimelyCare to offer a telehealth program for students that provides access to free, 24/7/365 medical and mental virtual health care from anywhere in the United States, including Summer, breaks and holidays. More information about accessing TimelyCare may be found here.
Parking and Transportation to/from Appointments at Student Health and Counseling Services
Students/faculty/staff who are experiencing a medical or mental health emergency OR who cannot walk without assistance should call 9-1-1. The Ellington Center Shuttle cannot transport riders who are experiencing a medical or psychological emergency or who are unable to walk without assistance.
Walking: Health Services and Counseling Services, located in the R.N. Ellington Center on South O’Kelly Avenue (south of the railroad tracks), are a short walk from most campus areas (within 15 minutes). For students who are ill but can walk and get in and out of a car unassisted (and have a scheduled appointment), there are parking and shuttle transportation options.
Arriving by personal vehicle: Students traveling by car may park in the large South Campus lot adjacent to the Student Health Services entrance Ellington Center on S. O’Kelly Avenue. No permit is needed. Do not park in the small lot adjacent to Faculty/Staff Health and Wellness or the spots/lots adjacent to the Human Services/Psychology Building or South Gym.
Elon University Ellington Center Medical Transport: Students who are ambulatory (can safely walk and can get in/out of a car unassisted) (and have an appointment with Student Health Services or Counseling Services) may use the Ellington Center Medical Transport. More specific information about the medical transport service is available here.