Elon University trustees have granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members. The action came at the board's spring meeting, which was held on campus Feb. 27-28.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met Friday, February 27, and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure:
- Granted tenure to Dr. Amy Allocco, Dr. Joan Barnatt, Dr. Olivia Choplin, Dr. Sarah Glasco, Dr. Kimberly Pyne, Dr. Alan Scott, Mr. Michael Smith, and Dr. Amanda Sturgill.
- Promoted Dr. Amy Allocco, Mr. Enrique Armijo, J.D., Dr. Joan Barnatt, Dr. Scott Buechler, Dr. Olivia Choplin, Dr. Sarah Glasco, Dr. Sirena Hargrove-Leak, Dr. Ryan Kirk, Dr. Kimberly Pyne, Dr. Alan Scott, Mr. Michael Smith, and Dr. Tonya Train, to associate professor.
- Promoted Dr. Crista Arangala, Dr. Mathew Gendle, Dr. Charles Irons, Dr. Janet MacFall, Dr. Paula Rosinski, Dr. Megan Squire, and Mr. Kirby Wahl, to professor.
- Promoted Ms. Paula Patch to senior lecturer.
- Promoted Ms. Lynne Bisko and Ms. Dianne Ford to associate librarian.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in a lecture track appointment was approved for Mr. Stephen Moore and Mr. Clay Stevenson.
- Continuance in a continuing track appointment was approved for Mr. Paul Castro, Dr. Amy Johnson, and Dr. Svetlana Nepocatych.
- Continuance in a continuing appointment as assistant librarian was approved for Ms. Shaunta Alvarez, Mr. Randall Bowman, Ms. Betty Garrison, Ms. Teresa LePors, Mr. Patrick Rudd, Ms. Vicki Siler, and Ms. Shannon Tennant.