Elon University trustees have granted tenure and approved promotions for several faculty members. The action came at the board's spring meeting, which was held on campus Feb. 26-27, 2016.
The Elon University Board of Trustees met Feb. 26 and took the following actions regarding promotion and tenure. The Board:
- Granted tenure to Dr. Haya Ajjan, Mr. Enrique Armijo, Dr. Chad Awtrey, Dr. Jeff Carpenter, Dr. Derek Lackaff, Dr. Buffie Longmire-Avital, Dr. Vickie Moore, Dr. Samuele Pardini, Dr. Scott Proudfit, Dr. Katy Rouse, Dr. Jen Uno, and Dr. Qian Xu.
- Pomoted Dr. Haya Ajjan, Dr. Chad Awtrey, Dr. Jeff Carpenter, Dr. Derek Lackaff, Dr. Buffie Longmire-Avital, Dr. Vickie Moore, Dr. Samuele Pardini, Dr. Katy Rouse, Dr. Jen Uno, and Dr. Qian Xu, to associate professor.
- Promoted Dr. Bill Andrews, Dr. Kenn Gaither, Dr. Lynn Huber, Dr. Joel Karty, Ms. Lauren Kearns, and Dr. Kathy Matera, to professor.
- Promoted Ms. Shannon Tennant to associate librarian.
The Board learned that:
- Continuance in their lecture track appointment was approved for Dr. Excel Li, Mr. Ricardo Mendoza, and Ms. Marna Winter.
- Continuance was also approved for Dr. Cindy Bennett, Mr. Karl Green, Dr. Melissa Murfin, Dr. Patti Ragan, Ms. Tracey Tonsor, and Mr. Brian Walsh, in their continuing track appointments.