The guide is available for download through the Elon University Guides App.
From Sept. 30 through Oct. 2, Elon will welcome more than 1,400 families to campus for Family Weekend 2016. Following the success of the Family Weekend Guide last year, the Office of Parent Engagement will continue using this new tool available through the Elon University Guides App to keep families informed about the weekend.
Some of the features include up-to-date schedules, a campus map that has zoom capabilities, information about on-campus resources, on- and off-campus dining locations and hours, driving directions, social media and more. Users can also receive push notifications on their smartphones to be alerted of any changes, including rain plans.
The Office of Parent Engagement encourages students, families, faculty and staff to download and use the app so the campus community can all access the most up-to-date information about Family Weekend.
Follow the instructions below to download the app and take some time to explore it before Family Weekend. If you have any questions about the app, or any questions about Family Weekend in general, please feel free to contact the office at email@example.com or (336) 278-5206.
How to Download the Elon University Guides App and Family Weekend Guide
1. Download the Elon Guides App. From the Apple App Store or Google Play (skip to step 5 if you are using a different type of smartphone), search “Elon Guides” and download the app, or click these quick links: Apple or Android.
2. Download the Family Weekend Guide. Open the app, chose Elon Family Weekend 2016 under the list of “Public Guides.” If you cannot find it, search for Family Weekend in the search bar.
3. There will be a pop-up window with the event overview. When it opens, tap the button that says “Download Guide” and allow it to download. This may take up to a few minutes. When it is done, the guide will open.
4. When prompted, enable notifications. It is very important that you allow notifications for the guidebook app when prompted – we will be sending important updates that you will get instant push notifications for, such as rain location changes. If you disallow push notifications, you will not get these important messages.
5. Alternatively, if you have a smartphone other than an Apple iPhone or an Android (or if you do, but would like to use the web version of this app), simply go to http://guidebook.com/guide/69389 to view the guide.
If you have an iPhone or Android, we strongly recommend downloading the app rather than using the Web version. There are some features that are not compatible with the web version such as push notifications and the interactive map. Additionally, the app version lives offline, so you can view the information after downloading without having a wireless Internet connection.