The university has seven annual staff awards to recognize the service and dedication of staff members from all corners of campus.
Faculty and Staff are invited to submit nominations for seven different staff awards: Staff Member of The Year Award, Phoenix Awards and the Blanche Garrison Memorial Award.
Please see below for a listing and nomination guidelines for each of the awards. The deadline for submission this year is March 31, 2021.
Staff Member of the Year Award, the Phoenix Awards, and the Blanche Garrison Memorial Award
Staff Member of the Year
Three Staff Member of the Year Awards are presented annually to university non-teaching staff – one for each of the following categories: Physical Plant, Professional Hourly Staff, and Administrative Staff.
- Nominees must be classified as full-time (work at least 30 hours per week)
- Need to have been in their position for at least one full year
- Any university faculty member, staff member, or student may make a nomination
- Nominations can be made in any or all three of the categories represented
- Accurate and professional responses about your nominee’s qualifications are best to aid in the process for the Selection Committee
- Include any experiences with the nominee that you feel are relevant
- All nominations are kept confidential throughout the process
*Before submitting, please see the list of past winners attached to this email to assure that your nominee has not already received the Staff Member of the Year award. Also, please note that nominations have to be made for individual staff members, not for a group of staff members.
Please see the link for Staff Member of the Year nomination form: Staff Member of the Year Nomination
Phoenix Staff Awards
Three Phoenix staff awards are also presented during Staff Appreciation Day. Please see the criteria for each award, along with the link for the nominations.
- Rising Phoenix Award: Presented to one new member of the Elon staff (less than five years of service) who has consistently displayed excellence in pursuit of the Elon Commitment with an engaged mind, inspired leadership, and global citizenship
Phoenix Rising Nomination
- Phoenix Community Engagement Award: Presented to a member of the Elon staff who has demonstrated exemplary service to the university, local or global community through their engagement in volunteer organizations
Phoenix Community Engagement Nomination
- Phoenix Innovation Award: Presented to a member of the Elon staff who has displayed innovation by creating, designing, improving, or implementing a new idea or program that benefits the university or our community
Phoenix Innovation Nomination
Blanche Garrison Memorial Award
Established in memory of the late Blanche Garrison, an Elon Medallion awardee, who served the University with distinction as a housekeeper at Maynard House. This award was created through the generosity of President Emeritus Leo Lambert and Laurie Lambert.
- Award will be presented to one member of the Elon hourly staff
- Staff Member has contributed significantly to shaping the student experience at Elon University through their everyday commitments and actions to support and mentor Elon students
Please see the link for the Blanche Garrison Memorial Award nomination form: Blanche Garrison Memorial Award