Register for an hourlong afternoon program where professors from several law schools will lead conversations on topics such as exam preparation, wellness, and the 1L summer experience.
Study tips. Wellness and relationships. Planning for the summer. Jobs and finding happiness.
These topics and more will be covered in an hourlong webinar hosted by Elon Law with discussions guided by faculty from four additional law schools.
Faculty discussion leaders will include:
- Professor and Senior Scholar Steve Friedland (Elon Law)
- Professor Dustin Benham (Texas Tech University School of Law)
- Associate Dean Olympia Duhart (Shepard Broad College of Law at Nova Southeaster University)
- Associate Dean Susan Kuo (University of South Carolina School of Law)
- Professor Sophie Sparrow (Franklin Pierce School of Law at the University of New Hampshire)
Though its emphasis will be on issues that impact students who may be the first in their families to attend law school or college, the webinar is open to anyone with an interest in health, wellness, and planning for the 1L summer.
This is the second consecutive year that Elon Law has hosted a webinar to provide information and support to first-generation law students. “National Alliance of First-Generation Law School Students” took place last April and featured participation by dozens of students from across the United States.