Elon ranks among New York University, Yale and Juilliard as one of the most prolific colleges in the nation in producing Broadway performers.
Elon University was once again included on Playbill’s 10 Most Represented Colleges on Broadway in the 2021-22 season. Every year, as a part of its “Back to School Week,” Playbill releases a list of colleges and universities with the most alumni performing on Broadway.
This year, Elon ranked tenth. Elon was included in the list for three consecutive years from 2016-17 to 2018-19.
Playbill looked at every actor who performed in a Broadway show from Aug. 22, 2021, the opening of the season, through May 4, 2022, the deadline for Tony Awards eligibility.
Elon alumni who performed on Broadway last season include:
- Gerald Caesar ’16 (Tina: The Tina Turner Musical)
- Michael Callahan ’13 (Aladdin)
- Kennedy Caughell ’12 (Paradise Square)
- Ashley Pérez Flanagan ’10 (Freestyle Love Supreme)
- Jared Goldsmith ’18 (Dear Evan Hansen)
- April Holloway ’07 (Aladdin)
- Rob Marnell ’06 (Tina: The Tina Turner Musical)
- Ginna Claire Mason ’13 (Wicked)
- Matt Meigs ’12 (Wicked)
- Paul Heesang Miller ’10 (Aladdin)
- JJ Niemann ’17 (The Book of Mormon)
- Lindsay K. Northen ’03 (Wicked)
- Sayo Oni ’23 (Hadestown)
- Fergie L. Philippe ’17 (Hamilton)
- Nasia Thomas ’15 (Caroline, or Change)
- Daniel J. Watts ’04 (Tina: The Tina Turner Musical)
- Sidney Nicole Wilson ’21 (The Lion King)