Elon also had five members of its squad earn All-CAA honors with three runners finishing in the top-five and four in the top-10.
The Elon University women’s cross country team won its fourth-straight Colonial Athletic Association team title at the 2022 CAA Cross Country Championship meet on Friday, Oct. 28. Delaware hosted the league meet at the White Clay Creek State Park.
The Phoenix women scored 30 points at the meet, outdistancing second-place Northeastern, who had 49 points in the 6K race. Elon also had five members of its squad earn All-CAA honors with three runners finishing in the top-five and four in the top-10.
In the men’s 8K, the maroon and gold men posted a sixth-place finish at the meet with 126 points. League newcomer Stony Brook won the men’s title with 31 points.
“It was a lot of fun to watch our men and women compete with great confidence and toughness,” said Elon head cross country coach Kevin Jermyn. “Zane (Jackson) and Andrew (Miler) ran their best cross country races ever and were rewarded with All-CAA honors. Freshmen Colby (Robbins) and Nate (Mars) ran well in their CAA debut. I am really excited about the positive progressions throughout our men’s team.
“Our women were spectacular in winning their fourth consecutive CAA team championship. It was awesome to see Madison, Leandra, Anna, Katie and Jette earn All-CAA honors and be rewarded for all of their hard work and sacrifice. I’m also proud of how aggressively Maggie (Springer) competed. I believe this is our best women’s team in school history and I am excited to see them compete against the best in the NCAA Southeast region in two weeks.
- Madison Synowiec was the Phoenix’s top finisher at the meet as the Salisbury, Md., native was the runner-up overall at the meet. The junior clocked a time of 21:16.40 in the race.
- Leandra Lorenz followed Synowiec with her third-place standing to earn a medalist finish. The redshirt junior clocked a time of 21:19.70.
- Senior Anna Twomey earned a top-five standing in fourth to earn All-CAA honors. The Berwyn, Pa., native clocked a time of 21:24.10.
- Freshman Katie Blount was 10th in the race as she crossed the line with a time of 21:54.70. The Atlanta, Ga., native received All-CAA honors as did Jette Beermann, who rounded out the Phoenix’s top-five scorers with her 11th-place finish and her time of 21:56.00.
- Zane Jackson was the Phoenix’s top runner for the maroon and gold men for the fourth time this season. The Charleston, S.C., native had a time of 25:08.50 and was 10th overall to earn All-CAA honors for the first time in his career.
- Andrew Miller was 15th overall as the Fleming Island, Fla., native posted a time of 25:24.30. He also received All-CAA accolades, the fourth time he had earned that recognition.
- Rookie Nate Mars was the third runner to cross the line for the maroon and gold. The Los Angeles, Calif., native posted a time of 26:22.50 in 40th.
- Another first-year runner, Colby Robbins, was 42nd overall at the meet. He finished with a time of 26:31.80. Daniel King was the fifth runner for Elon as the sophomore was 48th with a time of 26:59.00.
The Phoenix will travel to the NCAA Southeast Regional Championships on Friday, Nov. 11, in Louisville, Ky.
Women’s Results – Elon 1st place (30 points)
2. Madison Synowiec – 21:16.40
3. Leandra Lorenz – 21:19.70
4. Anna Twomey – 21:24.10
10. Katie Blount – 21:54.70
11. Jette Beermann – 21:56.00
16. Maggie Springer – 22:09.10
23. Hannah Miller – 22:34.70
35. Jasmine Young – 23:02.00
43. Julia Bell – 23:15.00
Men’s Results – Elon 6th place (126 points)
10. Zane Jackson – 25:08.50
15. Andrew Miller – 25:24.30
40. Nate Mars – 26:22.50
42. Colby Robbins – 26:31.80
48. Daniel King – 26:59.00
54. Cameron Dunn – 27:13.20
55. Tamer Metwalli – 27:16.80
58. Caden Strickland – 27:43.00