As a member of the Elon University community, I have a personal responsibility to protect my own health and the health and well-being of others. This responsibility is based on the core values of the Elon University Honor Code — honesty, integrity, responsibility and respect.
A healthy community requires my steadfast commitment to specific daily habits and behaviors.
I Commit To:
- Perform daily health checks and seek medical advice immediately if I have a fever, dry cough, loss of taste or smell, or other symptoms of COVID-19
- Wash my hands regularly and use hand sanitizer
- Keep my personal and shared common spaces clean
- Wear a face covering properly indoors, in classrooms and offices, and in any space where I cannot maintain a six-foot physical distance from others
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing
- Cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze
- Stay home when I don’t feel well
Protect the Elon Community
- Abide by current gathering limitations on and off campus
- Participate in testing and contact tracing as directed by health officials
- Stay informed and monitor university news and announcements about COVID-19
- Follow any guidance or directives from university or health authorities
I understand that not abiding by these behaviors may result in disciplinary action, including potential removal from the Elon community.