As a member of the Elon University community, I have a personal responsibility to protect the health and well-being of others and myself. A healthy Elon community requires that I continue to demonstrate my steadfast commitment to the core values of the Elon University Honor Code — honesty, integrity, responsibility and respect.
By participating in academics and campus life during the 2021 Winter Term and Spring Semester, I affirm that I will do my part to demonstrate specific behaviors that minimize the risk of COVID-19 infection within our community.
I Commit To:
Protect the Elon Community
- Participate in mandatory on-campus COVID-19 testing
- Report positive results of any off-campus COVID-19 testing to the Office of the Dean of Students (students) or Human Resources (employees) as soon as I receive them
- Stay in my residence if I have COVID-19 symptoms and seek medical advice immediately
- Comply with quarantine and isolation requirements
- Respond promptly and truthfully to contact tracers and health authorities
Protect Friends & Colleagues
- Wear an appropriate cloth face covering or mask as directed by university policy to protect myself and others
- Follow gathering limitations on and off campus and limit personal contacts
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing
- Limit travel during the winter term and spring semester
- Check my health daily and guard against infection
- Keep personal and common spaces disinfected
- Follow guidance from university and health authorities
I understand that behaviors inconsistent with these commitments may not only spread the virus in the community but may result in a variety of disciplinary actions as outlined in university policies and handbooks, including but not limited to fines, Phoenix Card deactivation, removal from Elon programs or removal from the Elon community.