Elon is committed to supporting the health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and visitors as part of the nation’s finest learning community.
The multi-phased Return to Work on Campus plan and this accompanying web site are designed to:
- Safely return staff and faculty to work on campus after the Governor of North Carolina has modified the stay at home orders.
- Provide guidance on physical distancing and hygiene, policies, self-monitoring of health, and more, during the period from May 11 to August 2, 2020.
All employees will be required to follow the guidelines for physical distancing and hygiene in order to protect the health and safety of students, staff, faculty, and visitors.
- Develop data-driven options for return to work and restoring in-person campus operations based on the Governor’s orders, CDC guidelines, and applicable laws
- Focus on health and safety of faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Consult guidelines and procedures from leading health experts, national professional organizations, as well as proposals from peer and aspirant institutions
- Communicate in advance and often with students, faculty and staff regarding processes, timelines, and policies
- Maintain prudent fiscal management in order to align with and support institutional goal of continuity of employment and payroll
- Provide divisions of the university latitude to modify processes in order to meet approved guidelines
- Provide general policies as well as consideration for the full range of staff and faculty constituencies