Welcome to the Sklut Hillel Center, Elon’s center of Jewish Life
The Sklut Hillel Center was opened in March 2013 to provide a comfortable home away from home for Elon’s Jewish students.
We are located at 401 E. College Avenue, at the corner of E. College & Antioch (across from the tennis courts), and across the street from the Academic Village.
- Fully equipped vegetarian (pescatarian) kitchen inside, and meat grill outside at the Glazer-Emerson Patio.
- Fridge and cabinets always stocked with food for students to snack, eat, and cook. This food is provided free of charge to our students thanks to the “Fill the Fridge” campaign supported by generous parents.
- Leon Levine Gathering Space with flexible seating, converting from a comfy living room to a dining room to seat 55
- Livingston Conference Room with seating for up to 18
- Greene Student Lounge with cable TV and the Karen Switt Memorial Library
- Computer for students to use, including free printing
- Comfortable study and gathering spaces
- Washing machine and dryer, free for students to use
- Access to the Elon Community Garden
- Daffodil garden planted as part of the Am Yisrael Chai! Daffodil Project, planting 1.5 million daffodils in memory of the 1.5 million children who died in the Holocaust.
Swipe card access to the Sklut Hillel Center
Any student may request swipe access to the Hillel Center. Click HERE to request access.
- Every day: 6:00am – 12:00 am
The formal dedication was held on March 3, 2013.
“We enjoyed our visit to Elon so much! The Hillel Center is a gem, with special strokes of genius: the open kitchen that allows for community to flow out into larger space, the shared garden, the outdoor “meat” kitchen, and, especially the washer and dryer. Warm, ‘haimish,’ inviting, cozy … perfect.”
– Rabbi Steven Sager, Rabbi Emeritus, Beth El Synagogue (Durham, NC), founder of Sicha