Love Your Body Week- Feb. 19-23, 2018
Love Your Body Week is a week to start a conversation about self-love, gaining confidence, breaking stigmas and living a healthy and happy lifestyle here at Elon and beyond.
SPARKS and Campus Recreation will kick off the third annual Love Your Body Week on Monday, Feb. 19. Throughout the week, events will be put on to remind people to practice self-love and be empowered for who you are and how you show up in your day to day life. All events are free to students, staff and faculty. If you have any questions about the events below please contact SPARKS at email@example.com or Campus Recreation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Feb. 19: Move It Monday
- Lifting 101: 8 to 9 p.m. in Koury Fitness Center (Introduction course to lifting)
- Ladies Lifting: 9:15 to 11 p.m. in Koury Fitness Center
- The Fitness center will be closed to general population during Ladies Lifting
Tuesday, Feb. 20: Treat Yourself Tuesday
- Yogurt Bar and Massages: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Moseley Center in the Oak Room
**Massages will be signed up first come, first served.
College Coffee: We will be promoting the rest of the week as well as have postcards that people can fill out as a message to themselves.
Wednesday, Feb. 21: Wellness Wednesday
- Faculty/Staff Lunch and Learn co-sponsored with Professional Development office.
Speaker will be: Denise Pastoor from noon to 1:30 p.m. in Oaks 212
Lunch and Learn Description: Love Your Body… It Believes Everything You Think: Creating wholeness begins with a journey in self-awareness. This lunch & learn will tap into self-awareness of your body, as a mouthpiece for all dimensions of your being… physical, emotional, spiritual, and psychological. Learn to listen to the whispers of body wisdom, honoring yourself, and gently accepting your humanness. In a culture striving for body perfection, filter through media messages to embrace the true path to optimal health…self-love, compassion, and lifestyle choices that nurture your whole being. Your body is a temple to your soul, move it often and love it deeply.
- Jennifer Schafer- national speaker co-sponsored by FSL/Love Your Body Week. Schafer will be presenting in Turner Theatre from 6 to 9 p.m.
- S’mores with Outdoors-Wellness Focus from 9 to 10 p.m. on Koury Campus Recreation back patio
Thursday, Feb. 22: Thoughtful Thursday
- Stations in Moseley, by Lakeside, and in Campus Recreation to write a note to oneself as a reminder. Stations will be around these facilities from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.
At each of these stations we will also be celebrating Recreational Sports day- asking people how they like to recreate. A limited number of shirts will be given out
Friday, Feb. 23: Feel Good Friday
- Zumbathon at 4 p.m. in Jordan Gym- doors will be opening at 3 p.m.