Health On-Demand; Health and Wellness podcast series
UnitedHealthcare has added eight new podcasts to its current podcast series. UHC members can listen to health and wellness information at their convenience, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The new podcasts include:
• Healthy Dining In and Out: Learn about healthy eating strategies, ways to cook healthy at home and tips for making healthier choices when eating out.
• Managing Stress: Identify sources of stress, discuss solutions for dealing with stress and practice problem-solving techniques.
• Overcoming Exercise Barriers: Identify and discuss ways to overcome exercise barriers. Discuss personal challenges while making exercise a priority. Review helpful tips to increase activity.
• Move to Lose: Understand the benefits of physical activity and review common exercise myths. Understand the role of physical activity in weight loss; identify moderate intensity activities; and learn how to plan your exercise routine.
• Planning Ahead for Healthy Eating: Discuss how planning ahead helps you make healthier choices. Discuss healthy meal planning and snacks, and review how to read nutrition labels.
• Healthy Habits: Identify common triggers that lead to unhealthy behaviors and review strategies for healthier habits. Discuss ways to make home and work healthy environments for adoption of healthy habits.
• Staying Positive: Discuss motivation techniques and positive self-talk. Look at progress, set new goals and review components of success.
• On Your Way to a Healthy Weight: Understand the benefits of weight loss and determine a healthy weight range. Review portion sizes and learn everyday ways to move more. Discuss the importance of tracking and setting realistic and achievable goals.
Each podcast has "chapters," enabling members to review the full 15- to 30-minute presentation or only the sections most important to them.
To access the podcasts, click here.
Also, UnitedHealthcare posts video clips each month featuring Dr. Mehmet Oz, a renowned physician, best-selling author and host of The Dr. Oz Show, which airs daily on TV stations across the United States.
The clips focus on achieving or maintaining a healthy weight, heart health, exercise and healthy eating, and can be easily accessed by clicking here. Each clip will be available online at that site for six months.