Eye care for better health
Did you know that eye exams can reveal surprising facts about your overall health? Know the facts. You'll see why visiting a VSP eye doctor is important.
Among other things, an eye exam can:
- Help identify signs of diabetes, even before the first symptoms appear.
- Reveal high blood pressure.
Diabetes and your eyes
Diabetes is the leading cause of adult blindness. But there are ways to help keep your eyes healthy:
- Keep blood sugar levels and high blood pressure under control
- Quit smoking
- See an eye doctor if you notice vision changes, eye pain or pressure
- Get an eye exam at least once a year
Want to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor?
Elon employees can get a Vision Service Plan WellVision exam annually for only $5 plus 20% off on complete pairs of prescription glasses and lens options and 15% discount on contact lens services. To see a list of full benefits, click here. You can also call VSP’s Member Services at 1-800-877-7195 Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. (Pacific Time).
Want to know more about how to take care of your eyes? Visit the Eyecare Center for eye health information, articles and more.
Have other questions? Call the HR office at ext. 5560.