Special Elon Poll now recruiting student callers
The Elon University Poll will conduct a special survey starting the weekend before the first day of class.
Elon University Poll
Presidential Election and Convention Survey
Saturday, August 25 to Friday, August 31
Gray Pavilion (Political Science offices in the Academic Village)
The Elon University Poll is conducting a week long survey of North Carolina voters to coincide with the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina and the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. The survey will ask voters about their opinions about national and state issues and candidates.
A great opportunity for students.
• Participants will get $10 an hour, free pizza, and experience conducting an academic survey (several classes give extra credit for participating)
• For the first time in history the Democratic National Convention is being held in North Carolina, a swing state that may be critical to the upcoming presidential election
• The Elon University Poll has been conducting public opinion polls since 2000 and is committed to the university’s goal of promoting civic engagement and experiential learning where “students learn through doing.”
The poll will be conducted on the following days and times:
• Saturday, August 25 from 1 to 6 p.m.
• Sunday, August 26 from 1 to 6 p.m.
• Monday, August 27 from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 28 from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 29 from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Thursday, August 30 from 4 to 9 p.m.
• Friday, August 31 from 4 to 9 p.m.
The first hour will consist of training students in how a survey research center and the WinCATI (computer assisted telephone interviewing) works and how telephone surveys are conducted.
The first hour of each day will consist of training and free pizza. Students who have gone through the training during that week can come one hour later (and still get paid for that hour), but feel free to come early for a refresher course and free pizza.
Questions or concerns? Please contact Assistant Professor Kenneth E. Fernandez, director of the Elon University Poll, at 336-278-6438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.