elondocs accepting applications
elondocs, Elon University's only documentary production program, is now accepting applications for 2013-2014.
There will be a brief interest meeting at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3 in McEwen 011 for anyone interested. Completed applications are due by 5 p.m. Friday, April 5. You may download the application HERE. Email applications to faculty adviser Nicole Triche at email@example.com or drop them off in McEwen 101. Interviews will be held mid-April.
The elondocs production program is a competitive one-year program open to everyone who has completed COM220 Digital Media Convergence or who has comparative production skills. Students accepted into the program meet weekly as a group to advance technical, interviewing and storytelling skills. Along the way students make a short audio documentary, photo documentary and video documentary during the fall semester and a more substantial short documentary in the spring. All meetings are required.
Benefits of the elondocs production program:
- epp students are granted use of external hard drives and SD cards for projects
- Students create projects suitable for their portfolio
- epp students are a part of the Full Frame Student Fellows program, which entitles them to a full festival pass and special filmmaker presentations
- epp students are invited to meet documentary filmmakers when they come to campus
- epp students have technical assistance/training, small group workshops and one-on-one faculty mentorship