The Porter Family Professional Development Center, located in Koury Business Center 106, is a branch of Elon University's Student Professional Development Center, located in Moseley 140. The Porter Family Professional Development Center is dedicated to providing resources to assist students in preparing for and acquiring internships, full-time employment or graduate school placement after graduation.
The primary goals of the Porter Family Professional Development Center are to assist business students with:
• Self-assessment exercises, including exploring interests, abilities, values and personality style.
• Developing a professional resume and cover letter.
• Exploration of career options for Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, International Business, Marketing and Entrepreneurship majors.
• Establishing career goals and developing strategies to achieve them.
• Employer networking and graduate school research.
In recent years, LSB alumni have been hired at Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, Bank of America, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Deloitte and Touche, KPMG, Bridgestone, Kraft Foods, the U.S. Census Bureau, Department of the Navy, NextEra Energy and IBM. Employers interested in hiring LSB students are invited to post job and internship announcements using the Elon Job Network (EJN) and join the Elon Mentor Network (EMN) to attract LSB students and alumni.
Students and recruiters seeking more information should contact the Porter Family Professional Development Center team at (336) 278-6064.
Attention Seniors - All LSB seniors must schedule an appointment with their professional development advisor.