We are looking for prospective scholars who:
are ninth graders
reside or attend school in Alamance County
have limited financial resources and/or no family history of 4-year college attendance
demonstrate academic promise
show no pattern of disciplinary problems
are willing to commit to program expectations
Approximately 25 scholars are selected each year to be a part of the Elon Academy.
- All ABSS ninth graders receive a letter about the Elon Academy
- All county ninths graders should check the Elon Academy website to admissions information
- Information sessions are held at each ABSS public high school and the River Mill Academy charter school. A Spanish language information session takes place at May Memorial Library.
- Applications are due to the Elon Academy office by Friday, January 29, 2016
- All completed applications are reviewed by Elon Academy staff. Those students moving forward to the interview process will be notified by mail. Those applicants not moving forward will also be notified by mail. Interviews will be held at each school.
- Students are notified of either acceptance or non-acceptance
- New cohort orientation