We are looking for prospective scholars who:
are ninth graders
reside or attend school in Alamance County
have limited financial resources and/or no family history of 4-year college attendance
demonstrate academic promise
show no pattern of disciplinary problems
are willing to commit to program expectations
Approximately 24 scholars are selected each year to be a part of the Elon Academy.
- All ABSS ninth graders receive a letter about the Elon Academy
- All county ninth graders should check the Elon Academy website for admissions information
- Information sessions are held at each ABSS public high school and the River Mill Academy charter school. A Spanish language information session takes place at May Memorial Library.
- Applications are due to the Elon Academy office by Friday, January 27, 2017.
- All completed applications are reviewed by Elon Academy staff. Those students moving forward to the interview process will be notified by mail. Those applicants not moving forward will also be notified by mail.
- Interviews will be held at each school immediately after school in the media center. Interview dates are:
Cummings High School: March 3
River Mill Academy: March 7
Southern Alamance High School: March 10
Western Alamance High School: March 14
Eastern Alamance High School: March 21
Alamance-Burlington Early College: March 24
Williams High School: March 28
- Students are notified of either acceptance or non-acceptance
- New cohort orientation
For more information about our program, click here.