We are looking for prospective scholars who:
are ninth graders
reside in Alamance County
have limited financial resources and/or no family history of 4-year college attendance
demonstrate academic promise
show no pattern of disciplinary problems
are willing to commit to program expectations
Between 22 and 26 scholars are selected each year to attend the Elon Academy.
- All ABSS ninth graders receive a letter about the Elon Academy.
- Information sessions are held at each high school.
Eastern Alamance: December 11, 5:30-7:00pm
Cummings: October 15, 5:30-7:00pm
Western Alamance: December 10, 5:30-7:00pm
Southern Alamance: October 29, 5:30-7:00pm
Graham: October 24, 5:30-7:00pm
River Mill Academy: October 22, 6:00-7:30pm
Williams: October 17, 5:30-7:00pm
Centro la Comunidad en Espanol: TBD
- Applications are due Friday, January 31, 2014.
- Entregar el viernes, 31 de enero a la oficina de la academia de Elon
- Potential students are interviewed (all students will receive a letter notifying them if they will move on to the interview portion)
Eastern Alamance: March 27, 2014, 12:30-2:30pm
Cummings: March 26, 2014, 3:30-5:30pm
Western Alamance: March 12, 3:30-5:30pm
Southern Alamance: March 19, 2013, 3:30-5:30pm
Graham: To be decided
River Mill Academy: March 13, 2:45-4:45pm
Williams: March 20, 3:30-5:30pm
- Students are notified