Elon University Academic SupportAcademic Support

Academic Advising for Transfer Students

If you are a transfer student beginning your studies at Elon, we’re here to help you get settled into your first semester.  We will assist you with developing a course schedule and registering you for your first-semester classes.  A professional staff member in the Advising Center will serve as your academic advisor until you are assigned an academic advisor in your major after arriving on campus.

Preparing for course registration

Fall semester registration dates – late May until the beginning of fall term
Spring semester registration dates – early December to the beginning of spring term

Transfer students are eligible to preregister for first-semester courses when all of the following conditions are met:

  • Registration for current students has ended. 
  • You have been officially admitted or readmitted to Elon University.
  • Your enrollment deposit has been paid and processed.

Once the above conditions are met, look for email information from Elon’s Academic Support & Advising Center. 

Registration steps

  1. Complete and submit the Registration information form.
  2. The Academic Support Center will email you a checklist of recommended courses, based on your transfer credits and intended major, for your first semester. Once you receive the checklist, you can prepare for registration by accessing course offerings using OnTrack.
  3. After completing steps 1 and 2, you can call to preregister for courses. Call the Academic Support & Advising Center, 336-278-6500. We are open 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.

Reminder: You must have all official transcripts of your college work, including current coursework, sent to Elon's Office of Admissions: Campus Box 2700, Elon, NC 27244. Failure to do so will interfere with appropriate course selection.

World language placement exam: Instructions for taking the world language placement exam will be sent to transfer students. Contact the Academic Support & Advising Center if you need further information.