To apply for transfer admissions to Elon University, students must submit:
- Completed undergraduate application
- Nonrefundable US$50 application fee
- Translated transcripts from all secondary/high school and postsecondary schools attended
- Official transcripts from each college/postsecondary institution you have attended.
- Dean’s Evaluation Form completed by the dean of students from each college you have attended.
- You must be eligible to return there to qualify to transfer to Elon University.
- This form is not required if you have earned an associate’s degree.
- If your native language is not English or you are attending a school where English is not the primary language of instruction you must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting the TOEFL or IELTS exam score.
- Minimum TOEFL score requirement: 80 (internet-based test)
- Minimum IELTS score requirement: 6.5
For more information about Transfer Admissions at Elon University, please feel free to visit the Transfer Admissions website.
The following information is not required for the application review process; however, it is required if a student is accepted and plans to enroll at Elon University:
- Completed Visa Clearance Form with all appropriate paperwork
Elon offers students college credit for Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) programs on a course-by-course basis, depending on the level, subject and score achieved on the appropriate exam. We also recognize the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the British "A" levels. Additionally, the French Baccalaureate, German Arbitur or Swiss Maturite may also be considered for credit. Advanced standing is not granted until students have been admitted and the official report of exam results is received and evaluated.
Elon University's cost can be found on the Financial Aid website. Please note that this amount does not include transportation costs, books, other assorted living expenses, and health insurance.
All Elon University students are required to have health insurance. Students may purchase a school-sponsored health insurance plan or may waive this option if they are currently covered by a comparable insurance plan of their own.