Which credits will transfer?
As a transfer student, you earn credit for courses taken through college parallel programs at accredited junior colleges or community colleges, and for courses taken at accredited four-year colleges and universities. Transcripts are evaluated and credit is awarded on a course-by-course basis after you have been accepted for admission. The freshman course, Global Experience (GST 110), is waived for students transferring 18 hours or more.
Up to 65 semester hours of credit is allowed from two-year institutions. Credit is allowed only for courses with a grade of "C-" or above. Credit is not allowed for courses taken while a student is under academic suspension.
Get more information about what credits will transfer.
General transfer rules:
- Courses must be in the same department at Elon and must be similar in nature.
- Courses that are in the same department but are not similar in nature usually transfer as elective credit.
- Courses with a grade of "C-" or better are transferred. Both the hours (credits) earned and the course itself usually transfer. The grade does not transfer.
- Courses that are considered general studies courses, such as sociology, history, literature, etc., usually transfer. Developmental courses do not transfer credit.
- Semester-hour credit will transfer the same (3 hours for 3 hours).
- Elon is based on a four-credit-hour system. Three-credit-hour courses are accepted, and your advisor will assist you in choosing courses to make this adjustment after you transfer.
- Math-Stats is the lowest math course accepted
- Students who take courses at other institutions between the time they are admitted to Elon and the time they enroll must have those courses approved. Please e-mail to learn more.