Elon is one of only seven private universities in the nation with accredited schools of law, business, communications and education along with a Phi Beta Kappa chapter, which promotes the liberal arts and sciences.
Elon University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees, the doctor of physical therapy degree and juris doctor degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Elon University.
Elon’s teacher education program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and by the North Carolina State Board of Education.
The School of Communications is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
Elon University School of Law was granted full accreditation by the American Bar Association on June 10, 2011.
Elon’s Martha and Spencer Love School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-International, AACSB-International.
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has granted Accreditation-Continued status to the Elon University Physician Assistant Program sponsored by Elon University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation status granted when a currently accredited program is in compliance with the ARC-PA Standards.Accreditation remains in effect until the program closes or withdraws from the accreditation process or until accreditation is withdrawn for failure to comply with the Standards. The approximate date for the next validation review of the program by the ARC-PA will be September 2026. The review date is contingent upon continued compliance with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
Elon University is included on the list of colleges and universities approved by the American Chemical Society. Students satisfying the requirements listed for the BS degree with a major in chemistry will be ACS certified upon graduation.
The university is a member of the following associations:
- The American Council of Education
- The American Association for Higher Education
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- The Association of American Colleges
- The Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- The North Carolina Association of Colleges and Universities
- North Carolina Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators
- North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- The European Council of International Schools
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Independent College Fund of North Carolina
- The Council of Independent Colleges
- The Council for Higher Education of the United Church of Christ
- The International Association for Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education