Elon College Fellows Experiences and Requirements Checklist
All Elon College Fellows will:
- Participate in all Fellows events.
- Complete all components of the program including the ECF classes and progress updates.
- Respond to inquiries for program-related information from the Fellows Directors.
- Take a full load of challenging classes.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2.
- Demonstrate commitment to and progress towards completion of a high quality Fellows Project.
- Represent the Fellows Program well at all times.
Year One Elon College Fellows will participate in:
- ECF Picnic
- ECF Elon 101
- ECF-affiliated section of COR 110
- Big Cat Colloquium
- Winter Term course ECF 111: ‘Paths of Inquiry with a 5 day trip to Washington, D.C.”
Year Two Elon College Fellows will:
- Mentor First-year Fellows.
- Enroll in FALL semester branch-specific interdisciplinary second-year seminar (ECF 211, 212, 213).
- Attend the fall third-year poster session and dinner.
- Take classes in your major(s).
- Declare a major by the end of your second-year.
- Select a mentor by midterm of the spring semester.
Year Three Elon College Fellows will:
- Begin independent research hours (ECF 499) with a mentor, one hour must be taken with the third-year seminar.
- Participate in a FALL semester branch-specific interdisciplinary third-year seminar (ECF 311, 312, 313).
- Participate in a fall third year poster session and dinner.
- Complete a third-year progress report that shows progress towards the completion of your project.
Year Four Elon College Fellows will:
- Complete the requirements for your major.
- Work with a mentor to complete a high quality, intellectual and discipline-specific product.
- Present work in a public forum.
- Celebrate your work with your mentor (and perhaps thank them) at the Senior Fellows Dinner.
- Participate in the pre-commencement Leaders of the 21st Century Event.