Building passion for mathematics and statistics. Engaging all students. Leveraging technology. Facilitating student success.
The Elon University Department of Mathematics and Statistics is committed to its important role as one of a small number of departments on campus that has direct interaction with every Elon student. At the same time we are devoted to our majors and minors. We work diligently to make every one of our courses challenging, relevant, and innovative in an open and engaging environment.
We will strive to serve our constituencies by providing:
- An experience in quantitative reasoning to prepare students for participation in an increasingly information and technology-based global society through Elon’s first-year core and general studies.
- Meaningful courses for students who are satisfying Elon’s General Studies Requirements or are simply interested in mathematics, statistics, or applied mathematics.
- A program intended to develop mathematical, statistical, and problem solving skills for our minors and students who need those associated skills.
- A curriculum that is pertinent, rigorous, and experiential for our majors whether they seek to go to graduate school, the high school classroom, or the workplace.
- A supportive environment in which faculty members of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics can develop as teachers, scholars, and active contributors.