Sales Meet and Greet
The Chandler Family Professional Sales Center and the Student Professional Development Center host a meet and greet for sales-focused students and organizations looking specifically for sales talent. The event gives students an opportunity to meet sales leaders and to interview with potential employers.
Organizations interested in participating in the Sales Meet and Greet can contact Elon’s Corporate and Employer Relations team.
Events like the Sales Meet & Greet are so important because they boost your network and do so efficiently. I made lots of connections that resulted in interviews and internship opportunities.
Elon Sales Leadership Dinner
The Chandler Family Professional Sales Center hosts an annual dinner in May to recognize top graduating sales students. The Earl D. Honeycutt, Jr. Sales Leadership Award is presented at this event. The award recognizes a senior majoring in marketing or minoring in professional sales who has shown leadership in the sales program, has the potential of impacting an organization and has demonstrated an overall positive attitude in supporting their fellow sales students.
Recipients of the Earl D. Honeycutt, Jr. Sales Leadership Award
2012: Lindsay Richardson
2013: Caitlin Jones & David Brown
2014: Laura Beckstead & Davis Millians
2015: Madison Margeson
2016: Shakori Fletcher
2017: Brett Huntley & Sophie Pearson
2018: Josh Ellsworth
2019: Ashley Follenweider & Sheefali Kavthankar
2020: Riley Johnson
2021: Brooke Galonek
Sales Speaker Series
In addition to guest speakers in sales classes, the Chandler Family Professional Sales Center hosts its Sales Speaker Series twice a year, providing Elon students of all majors the opportunity to learn from and network with sales executives from a broad range of organizations.
Past speakers include:
- Scott Bird, vice president of sales for the eastern U.S. at NetApp
- Nick Lisi, senior vice president of sales and field operations at SAS
- Ann Fritchman, senior vice president, customer management, target team at HanesBrands
- Jeff Schlossnagle ’97, vice president of sales for the North America East at Omnicell, Inc.
- Meg Anderson Farabow ’11, sales executive at ADP
- Sales Alumni Panel – Jenny Adams ’12, senior solutions consultant at Marketo; Laura Beckstead ’14, senior solution engineer-marketing cloud at Salesforce; and Lindsay Richardson ’12, director of business development at Growth Geeks & Workify
- Bill Nahmias, managing vice president of sales productivity programs at Gartner
- Mo Bunnell, founder and CEO of Bunnell Idea Group
- Brian Schenkemeyer ’00, Southeast national accounts market leader, Aetna