Important: Registration for the commencement celebration is closed and additional guests cannot be added to events.
Updated August 25, 2021
Class of 2020,
We are excited to welcome you back home to Elon to celebrate the Class of 2020’s Commencement, Sept. 3-5!
Here are some new details to know as we look forward to your arrival:
- Commencement Location Change: Due to evolving COVID conditions and the number of visitors coming to campus without verified vaccination status, the Commencement 2020 ceremony has moved to Under the Oaks at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 5.
- Class of 2020 graduates who are participating in Commencement should arrive at Alumni Gym by 8:00 a.m. Staff members will assign seating for pre-ceremony announcements and assist with line-up. Rain location: Schar Center.
- If you received a cap and gown from Barnes & Noble in Spring 2020, please remember to pack them for Commencement. If you still need a cap and gown, a limited supply of various sizes will be available at Martin Alumni Center Check-In.
- Mask Policies: To protect all participants and the campus community and mitigate the spread of the virus, graduates and their guests should bring masks to Commencement Weekend and wear them, per campus policy, in all indoor community spaces (except while eating or drinking). Because the CDC continues to recommend masks outdoors in crowded settings, particularly when unvaccinated people are present, all participants in Commencement will also be required to wear masks outdoors at 2020 Commencement.
- Graduates will have an opportunity to be photographed without masks during the ceremony. To pre-register for the photos, visit gradimages.com/registration. Photo proofs will be emailed after the ceremony.
- We encourage all in attendance to be vaccinated. As you plan your arrival, please visit www.elon.edu/healthyelon for gathering guidelines and other university policies.
- With the Commencement ceremony taking place Under the Oaks on Sunday, the Class of 2020 Celebration on Saturday, Sept. 4, will now be held in Lambert Academic Village from 7 to 10 p.m.
- In addition, the Commencement brunch will occur immediately following Commencement (approximately 11:30 a.m.) on Sunday, Sept. 5, at Lake Mary Nell.
The entire campus is eager to celebrate you and your achievements in less than two weeks. Please continue to check your email, as well as the Commencement website, for updates before you arrive. If you need further information or answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com or call (336) 278-2641.
We’ll see you soon!
Vice President for Strategic Initiatives
Executive Director of Cultural and Special Programs