Physician assistants work in one of the most in-demand professions in the nation. Employment of PAs is expected to grow by 30 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for other occupations, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Forbes celebrates physician assistants as the #1 best job in America in 2015, identifying great pay, satisfying work, and big growth opportunities as hallmarks of the occupation.
Besides working in traditional office-based settings, PAs should find a growing number of jobs in institutional settings such as hospitals, academic medical centers, public clinics and prisons. The median annual salary of physician assistants is $95,820.
Elon’s primary care-focused program will produce gradutes who are in demand throughout the region and in North Carolina in particular, especially in areas of the state that are medically underserved.
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
- North Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants (NCAPA)
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- *Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA)
- Physician Assistant Foundation (PAF)
- Physician Assistant History Center (PAHx)
- Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants
North Carolina Medical Organizations
*Elon University is an institutional member of the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA).