How to Apply
The Elon PA program participates in the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). All applicants must apply through CASPA.
2023-24 Admissions Cycle
Elon PA will begin accepting applications for the Class of 2026 (enrolling January 2025) on April 27, 2023. The final deadline is November 1, 2023.
Applications to Elon PA must be submitted to CASPA by November 1, 2023 11:59 PM ET. Applications may be verified by CASPA after this deadline, however, the Elon PA admissions committee will not receive nor review the application until it has completed the CASPA verification process. Note: The CASPA verification time can take up to four weeks following submission.
Once an application has been received and processed, the applicant will receive an email confirmation and instructions to access the Elon Application Status Page. It is the responsibility of the applicant to review the progress of their application by monitoring their status page. Note: The Office of Graduate Admissions will begin processing verified applications in the month of June. Following June, please allow up to two weeks from verification for all materials to be processed by the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Application files are reviewed by the admissions committee in the order in which they are completed. To be considered for our earliest interview days, please submit, ensure verification, and complete your application file as soon as possible.
Invitations to interview will be extended via email to qualified candidates between September and mid-December. Scheduled interview dates will occur between November and February.
All applicants will receive an update regarding their admissions status no later than mid-December.
The following items are required for evaluation:
- Verified CASPA application*
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate studies (submit to CASPA)*
- Three letters of recommendation (submit to CASPA)*
- Documentation of at least 20 hours of shadowing with a Physician Assistant
Elon PA does not have a supplemental application.
*If you have questions about verification or missing documents submitted to CASPA, please contact CASPA first. After speaking with CASPA, if you still have questions, please contact the Graduate Admissions team at email@example.com or 336.728.7600.
For international applicants:
- All application materials listed above
- Course-by-course transcript evaluations from one of the following approved agencies: WES, IEE, or ECE.
- Demonstration of English language proficiency through one of the following methods (minimum):
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 (internet-based tests) or 213 (computer-based examinations)
- Official International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic exam score of 6.5 (overall band)
- Official Duolingo of English Test score of 110
- Completion of undergraduate degree in English
- Certification that English is the applicant’s native language
An interview is required for admission. Approximately 150 of the most qualified applicants will be invited to a virtual interview experience. The interview experience includes two 15-minute interviews with Elon PA faculty and a variety of opportunities for candidates to connect with program faculty, staff, and current students.
Notification of Admissions Decision
All applicants who submit a verified CASPA application will be notified of their admissions decision in writing via their Elon Application Status Page.
Candidates who have been invited to interview will be notified by the Admissions Committee of their admissions decision within two weeks of their interview. Candidates who are offered admission and are choosing to enroll in the program must confirm their seat in the class by submitting the reply form and a $1,000 non-refundable enrollment deposit by the date listed in their acceptance letter. This deposit is fully credited to the student’s tuition upon matriculation to the program.
Please direct all questions regarding the admissions requirements or process to the Graduate Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.278.7600.