Elon PA Program-Derived Competencies
- Provide patient-centered care that is compassionate, individualized, and effective for the treatment of health concerns and the promotion of health.
- Demonstrate knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological, and social-behavioral sciences and the application of this knowledge to patient care.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate and evaluate care of patients, to appraise and assimilate scientific evidence, and to continuously improve the quality of patient care based on on-going self-evaluation and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills that result in the effective exchange of information and collaboration with patients, their families, and other health professionals.
- Demonstrate a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities and an adherence to principles of bioethics.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care, as well as the ability to obtain and engage with other resources in the system to provide optimal health care.
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in an interprofessional team in a manner that optimizes safe, effective, patient-centered, and population-based healthcare.
- Demonstrate the qualities required to sustain lifelong learning and professional growth.
Physicians Competency Reference Set (EPA toolkit)
Guidelines for Ethical Conduct for the PA Profession (AAPA)
A Model for Delivering Population Health Across the Care Continuum (2018, American Journal of Accountable Care)