Where: Phoenix Card Office: Oaks McCoy Commons, Room 201
When: 9:00am – 11:00am and 3:00pm – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Price: $12.00 for 2 prints
If your photos are rejected for any reason, please let us know and we’ll be happy to retake them free-of-charge.
Passport photos have very specific requirements. Please review some of the requirements listed below and be sure to visit travel.state.gov for more information.
- Your head must face the camera directly with full face in view.
- You must have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open. (We must be able to see the whites of your eyes)
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis – No uniforms or white shirts
- Taken in the last 6 months
- Use a plain white or off-white background
- Be sized correctly 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 – 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Your head, including your hair, must be centered within 25-35 mm of the picture. Therefore, be sure your hair is not in a bun directly on top of your head. This will exceed the photo requirements.
- Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
- Printed in color
- You cannot wear glasses. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering. If you wear a hat or head covering for religious purposes, submit a signed statement that verifies that the hat or head covering in your photo is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is customarily or required to be worn continuously in public.
- If you wear a hat or head covering for medical purposes, submit a signed doctor’s statement verifying the hat or head covering in your photo is used daily for medical purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your hat or head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- Ponytails and braids are okay. Headbands are not. Your hair must not obscure your face.
- Jewelry is okay as long as your full face is visible.
Acceptable and Unacceptable Photo Examples: