Room change day is coming up! Room changes may occur two weeks after each term has begun, on a space-available basis. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, changes should not be made prior to this time. If you are having difficulties in your current room, contact a residence life staff member. Roommates are expected to try to resolve conflicts, but where a resolution cannot be found, a room change will be considered. Please be aware that there are usually limited spaces open on campus.
For apartment residents only: If you remain an enrolled student and wish to cancel your lease (for your current space) and move to a new space, you, the resident, will have to find another tenant (meeting criteria and roommate approval) to fill the spot or you will be obligated to pay for the space until filled.
Spring Semester Room Change Dates
Room Freeze – Dec. 1 – Feb. 17 (no room changes approved during this time)
Room Change Day – Feb. 17
Room Freeze – March 1 – April 7 (no room changes approved during this time)
Please see the Residence Life Website for more details!
Room Change Day Process
1. Get a list of available vacancies from one of the Area Offices or the Residence Life Office (Moseley 213). Lists will be available Friday, Feb. 13.
2. Go meet/call individuals on the list. We suggest that you actually visit the rooms.
3. Come to room change day to get your room change approved and begin the necessary paperwork. If the space is still available, the office will go through the final steps to complete the move.
4. Room change day is first come first served.
5. Only one roommate needs to be present but this person must have the student ID number(s) of everyone involved in the move.
6. If neither student can attend, a proxy may be sent in their place.