The April 18 forum at 7 p.m. in Whitley Auditorium is being sponsored by Invisible Children and the African & African American Studies program at Elon.
Have you seen the Kony 2012 video? Did it make you want to help? Did the controversy surrounding the video and the Invisible Children organization make you conflicted? Want to know what all of the fuss is about?
Invisible Children, in conjunction with the African & African-American Studies department, is hosting a forum on Wednesday, April 18 to discuss all perspectives on Invisible Children specifically, and, more broadly, the role of Western aid, interaction and intervention in Africa.
Our speakers include:
- Katie Salerno ’13 – President of Elon’s Invisible Children chapter
- Dr. Michelle Ferrier – Associate Professor of Communications
- Dr. Brian Digre – Professor of History and Geography
- Dr. Heidi Frontani- Chair of the Department of History and Geography
- Sarah Harrs ’14 – AAASE research student
- Francois Masuka – Director of International Student Services at Elon University
Please join us for an extremely informative panel discussion, ending with a question and answer session.