Students from the departments of health and human performance and education received scholarships, professional awards and special recognition to celebrate their academic achievements, scholarship, engaged learning and service to the profession and the Elon community.
- Leigh Iler, a middle grades education/elementary education major, was selected for a Lumen Prize. She will work with mentor Stephen Byrd on a project, “Response to Intervention Techniques as Applied to Sixth-Grade Math Content to Promote Success”
- Wesley Rose, a music education major, was selected for a Lumen Prize. He will work with mentor Victoria Fischer Faw on a project, “The Real Father of Modern Music: Death and the Diabolical in the Music of Franz Liszt”
- Morgan Bailey received the Outstanding Physical Education and Health Major award
- Jaclyn Wood, a physical education and health major, won the Janie P. Brown Emerging Professional Award
- Kelsey Thompson, an elementary education major, won the Arnold Strauch Award
- Sophia Bower and Emily Ash were inducted into Phi Beta Kappa
- Heather Babb, Leigh Iler, Jill Padfield, Wesley Rose and Cameron Shirley were inducted into Phi Kappa Phi.