Miller's appointment was announced May 31, 2016, by Provost Steven House.
Paul Miller, director of undergraduate research and intellectual climate initiatives and professor of exercise science has been named assistant provost for communications and operations.
Miller has a wide array of experiences during his 19 years at the university, demonstrating excellence in mentoring students and building deep connections throughout the Elon community. In his new position, Miller will provide leadership in the areas of faculty fellows, experiential education, academic standing, honor code and academic affairs communications.
Miller was chosen for the position on recommendation of a committee co-chaired by Joan Ruelle and Karl Sienerth. Committee members included the following:
- Karl Sienerth (Co-Chair), Professor and Chair of Chemistry
- Joan Ruelle (Co-Chair), Dean and University Librarian
- Meredith Allison, Associate Professor of Psychology
- Stephen Bailey, Professor of Physical Therapy Education
- Olivia Choplin, Associate Professor of French in the Department of World Languages and Cultures
- Raj Gupta, Associate Professor of Finance and Director of the William Garrard Reed Finance Center and member of Academic Counsel
- Evan Heiser, Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
- Mary Morrison, Assistant Dean of Students and Director of the Kernodle Center for Service Learning and Community Engagement
- Woody Pelton, Dean of Global Education and Assistant Professor
- Jean Rattigan Rohr, Executive Director of Community Partnerships, Director of the Center for Access and Success & Associate Professor of Education
- Jodean Schmiederer, Associate Dean of Students for Leadership and Honor Code and Assistant Professor
- Tony Weaver, Associate Professor of Sport and Event Management and Chair of the Sport and Event Management Department